The Township of Esquimalt
Esquimalt’s name is derived from a native Indian expression "Es-whoy-malth," which means the place of gradually shoaling water. The municipality was incorporated in 1912 and comprises approximately 1006 hectares (2,485 acres) of land and water. Water figures prominently in Esquimalt’s history, location and residents’ lifestyles.
Is the home of Canada’s naval presence on the West Coast and was first used by the Royal Navy as early as 1837.
With a population of approximately 17,000 people, Esquimalt provides opportunities for new commercial, industrial and residential developments. Residents enjoy beautiful parks, beaches, scenic waterfront walkways, modern recreational facilities, schools, library, archives, and commercial services.
Esquimalt's most sought after areas include Saxe Pointe, Rockheights and Parklands.
For more information please visit www.esquimalt.ca